CANTERBURY HISTORICAL 

& ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY (CHAS)

logo-1.2
HISTORY
ARCHI- TECTURE
BUILDING STONES

Public supply of electricity came to Canterbury in March 1899 at a site that is now Sainsburys Kingsmead store.  This is the story of how  plans were subject to delays but how the plant flourished.

 

 

 

 

 

KEY WORDS:  Edward Lukey;  County Hotel;  Sainsburys;  George Collard

 

 

 

DL

Electricity sub-station in Beer Cart Lane

(built around 1930)

elec-supply-1

Electricity Supply

logo-1.2
> BACK TO NOTEBOOK HOME PAGE
> BACK TO RESEARCH HOME PAGE
> DOWNLOAD PDF