CANTERBURY HISTORICAL 

& ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY (CHAS)

logo-1.2
HISTORY
ARCHI- TECTURE
BUILDING STONES logo-1.2
> BACK TO NOTEBOOK HOME PAGE

This gateway lies on the NW side of Green Court - between Green Court and Shirley Hall.

 

According to the plaque (left hand side within the gateway) the gateway was brought here in 1957, taken from 'the ruins of the Prior's Manor at Godmersham'.

 

Any further background information would be very welcome - please click here to write to us.

 

 

 

DL

 

Godmersham gateway

HOME CONTACT US MAIN SITE

 

> BUILDING STONES HOME PAGE > STONES INDEX FEATURES STYLES BIBLIOGRAPHY

click to enlarge and read caption

> MEMORIALS INDEX
SKETCH MAP OF PRECINCTS godmersham-1 godmersham-2